Monday, October 26, 2015

Further to "Mourning My Quilts"

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to read and comment on my blog from the other day about the loss of over 100 quilts prior to the Mancuso Quiltfest Oasis n Palm Sprimgs. I truly appreciate your good wishes and hope that all the quilts will be found soon.

Just a few points.... UPS was in no way nvolved here. I use UPS all the time for shipping my quilts and the antiques from my real business. Have never had a problem. All the quilt exhibits had been shipped to the warehouse by UPS and had been received and signed for. We know that. The misdirection/loss happened at the trucking terminal warehouse.

To answer the question about police involvement... The Mancuso organization was told that they could not enter a police report because so far there has been no evidence of a crime. So far, th belief is that the pallet was "misdirected".

I've been out of town for a week, but have managed to get one of the quilts on the Lost Quilt web page. The other will be added in the next few days.

The  Mancusos are searching the Internet for the lost quilts. In fact, their search yielded my blog that someone had posted to their website. I received a very cordial letter from David Mancuso saying that my blog was"right on point" but that they were deleting it from their page saying  "Please accept our sincerity that there is no intent of malice. We have removed your post from our Facebook page for the simple reason that it will not be instrumental in recovering the exhibits." 

Thank you David... But I am doing exactly what you have suggested the artists do.. Just trying to get the word around in case someone sees my quilt and can help solve this mystery.


1 comment:

  1. I understand, via Jamie Fingal, that all the missing works have been found. Phew!

    ReplyDelete