Sunday, November 2, 2014

Quilt Festival Houston Part I


Home from Quilt Festival Houston 2014 late last night - totally exhausted but so buoyed by the artistry and beauty  in every corner of the massive hall at George R. Brown Convention Center that I had to go through my photos and try to post before the real world takes over.

The entrance as you can see was spectacular with red and white quilts hung two stories high to celebrate Festivals Ruby Anniversary - 40 years.



I know that my friend Andi Perejda's wonderful quilt was among them, but I never could find it!













On the Wednesday Preview Night I scooted around to see my own quilts in the show - here is the section of Tactile Architecture where my Mated For Life was hung. And of course I had to document that I was really there along with my quilts. Please forgive the shameless self promotion. 





My 'Bella Camellia in "In Full Bloom"...
















And 'Down in the Grove' in the Digital category of the IQA Judged Show Quilts: A World of Beauty...















Finally, a couple of shots of 'What's for Dinner?' a clever show of 15" X 24" dinners curated by Jamie Fingal set up as placemats around a big dining table and chairs. I just pulled up a chair next to my entry and was ready for the banquet. 






I loved Yvonne Porcella's wonderful entry which reminded me of childhood fishing trips with my Dad.










Heidi Lund's 'Northwest Seafood Bounty' is one of my dream meals!










That's all for now.... Part II tomorrow. I've got so much more to show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment