Monday, January 2, 2012

The House Quilt Project

I don't know about anyone else, but with all the cooking, wrapping, busyness and pressure of Christmas I've had some real trouble getting intotoy creative side the last few weeks. I needed a small non-intimidating project to get me back into the zone. My friend Linda Miller posted a small collaged quilt she made for Jamie Fingal's House Quilt Project on her blog and I was inspired!

So this last New Year's weekend I finally got back into my studio and turned out this little piece - all free cut and fused very quickly. These quilts are given away by a group of interior designers who refurbish homes for returning veterans. Such a great idea , a wonderful cause and a quick way to quick start my creative life after a bit of a dry spell. You can learn more about the House Quilt Project at http://www.thehousequiltproject.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment