Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's been a long recovery!

Well, it has been a long recovery from Houston, I guess. I can't believe that I've neglected posting since November. Can I really say that I've been that busy? Maybe just that lazy?

Business - yes, very busy. Right after the San Francisco Fall Antiques Show in late October we were immersed in doing a big estate sale in Pasadena that is still in play. No Los Angeles Antiques Show for us this year, but I was again co-chair of the vetting committee for the Antiques Dealers Association of California and busy with my job as ADAC Secretary.

Our new quilt guild - Westside Quilters - is keeping me on my toes as president. We've had some wonderful workshops in the last several months and a fascinating program with Margarete Heinisch in January.

I have taken some time to finish some art quilt projects including a small journal quilt begun in a workshop with the wonderful Pam Holland in Houston. My photographs and sketches of a trip to Mt. St Michel on the Brittany coast many years ago were the inspiration for this one which includes my own sketches which were digitally printed and transferred them to the background using TAP transfer paper - my new most favorite discovery! The wine glasses made from fused sheer fabrics are leftovers from another workshop with Esterita Austin a few years ago. They finally found a home. These little quilts are a great way to freeze very happy memories.

A few days spent at Road to California and a class with Terry Waldron in
January brought about a very quick free-cut applique' quilt of my fantasy of the kelp forests of the California Coast. "Beneath the Surface" features lots of couched yarns and hand beading and was so totally fun to do. I kept humming "Under the Sea" from Disney's "Little Mermaid" .

I've also returned recently from a blissful week at Empty Spools and a fabulous class with the amazingly talented free motion quilter Diane Gaudynski. More on that soon!

It's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment