Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blue Plate Special II off to Houston......






















Got the word last week that my "Blue Plate Special II" will be going off to IQF Houston to be part of the new "What's For Dinner" show this fall. The show curated by Jamie Fingal features place mat sized quilts featuring answers to her favorite Facebook question. Rumor has it that they are going to try to display these on an actual table. What a cool idea!

My offering includes digital imagery of my great-grandmother's silver tomato server and an actual linen napkin along with a painted, thread painted and trapunto'd digital image of last summer's
 heirloom tomato bounty on a  pieced background .
Hope to be there in person to see the show!

Check out Off the Wall Fridays at www.ninamariesayre.blogspot.com .

































6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this color wheel! It makes me so happy and of course the quilting is stunning as usual. Thanks for sharing.
    ReplyDelete
  2. It glows! And your quilting is wonderful!
    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh if that box of thread comes up missing - don't check my house (grin)! I haven't worked with silk but its on my list of things to do. Make sure you post your artist statement. So many times I read them at exhibits and I think - OMG what the heck are they saying - LOL!!!
    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silk is the yummiest thread of all Give it a try... Thanks for your nice comment.
      Delete
 

No comments:

Post a Comment